Mercury Awareness eLearning course covering how to work safely where mercury could be present.

45 minutes approx

Certificate valid for 3 years


The chemical element mercury is found widely in the environment, in a number of different forms. Mercury is highly toxic and, if inhaled, ingested or absorbed into the body through skin contact, it can cause very serious ill health, including neurological disturbances, kidney damage and muscle weakness.

This Mercury Awareness eLearning course is designed to support those working in an environment where there is a risk of coming into contact with mercury, such as the oil and gas industry. It will help you understand the risks from mercury, as well as the control measures that can minimise those risks.